Driveways, paving stones, block paving and concrete all suffer from the effects of the Great British weather
Our state-of-the-art pressure washing equipment does all the hard cleaning work, so you don’t have to. Direct Driveways has the experience, the know-how and the professional techniques to restore outdoor walkways to their former glory.
There are many benefits of making sure that your outside areas look in top condition:
- Assets with unsightly marks or damage will be restored
- You can add value to your property if you're in the process of selling
- You can ensure the areas are safe and non-slip
- You can provide a great first impression of your home or business
Even stubborn stains, moss, algae, lichen and weeds can be completely removed when Direct Driveways comes to call!
Direct Driveways also offers a seal, stabilise and protect service for your paving, making it last longer and look perfect for years to come.
Tarmac Restoration and Repair
Tarmac is one of the most common driveway surfaces in the UK, due to its relative simplicity to lay, in comparison to block paving and concrete. Tarmac is regularly employed for use in domestic driveways, but also for many commercial surfaces, including car parks, tennis courts and school playgrounds.
All tarmac surfaces dry out over time, due to UV sunlight, weather and general wear. Frost can also cause expansion and contraction of the surface, resulting in cracks. Direct Driveways can repair cracks and pot-holes in tarmac using our crack repair compounds
Our qualified tarmac repair team can pressure clean, seal and restore all types of tarmac and asphalt. Our methods can transform the appearance of 'tired' looking tarmac surfaces.
Our tarmac restoration services include:
- Tarmac pressure washing
- Tarmac repairs
- Oil spill & stain removal
- Moss & algae removal
- Re-Colouring of tarmac (black, red, green)
- Tarmac sealing
If you have a tarmac or asphalt surface in need of cleaning, sealing or repair, contact us for a tarmac restoration quote.
Block Paving Cleaning and Sealing
Direct Driveways provides a reliable, professional block paving cleaning and sealing service. We carry out work for both homeowners and commercial clients around Southampton.
The block paving cleaning and sealing process consists of a number of stages:
- First, any oil stains are pre-treated with oil remover and moss on the blocks is treated with a long-lasting fungicide.
- Once any pre-treatments have taken effect, a high powered pressure cleaner is used across the whole surface.
- The block paving is left to dry for up to 5 days. This ensures the surface is entirely free of moisture before the final stages.
- Kiln dried sand is brushed into the gaps between paviers to replace any lost during the cleaning process.
- Paviers are sealed with two coats of block paving sealant, applied with a roller or sprayer.
- Weed inhibitors for block paving can optionally be applied in problem areas
This thorough combination of techniques will leave your block paving looking like new.
Imprinted Concrete Sealing and Colour Restoration
Imprinted concrete is a highly hard-wearing surface, used extensively across the Southampton in the construction of driveways and patios. Many commercial premises also have areas laid with imprinted concrete.
Although concrete is very durable, it still can require maintenance every few years, such as concrete re-sealing or concrete re-colouring.
Our imprinted concrete sealer comes in either matt, silk or gloss finish.
If required, an anti-slip additive can be added to the concrete sealer to ensure the concrete is safe and slip-free.